| Lehrstuhlvertretung Sommersemester 2022 Prof. Dr. Hecht
|Raum: 06 - 422
Fon:++49 - (0)6131 - 39 - xxx
Fax:++49 - (0)6131 - 39 - 39268
- 04/2022 Substitute professorship (50%) at Chair for General Experimental Psychology, University of Mainz
- 04/2022 Postdoctoral researcher at Leibniz Institut für Wissensmedien, Tübingen
- 06/2020 - 04/2022 Visiting researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Center for Adaptive Rationality, Berlin, Germany. Funded through a Fellowship from the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- 04/2019 - 05/2020 Postdoctoral researcher at The Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm, Sweden, Complex Adaptive System group. Funded through a Fellowship from the German Research Foundation (DFG). Interdisciplinary project on the role of knowledge for group decisions about common-pool resources.
- 04/2016 - 03/2019 Postdoctoral research associate at the chair for General Psychology, University of Heidelberg.
- 2016 PhD in cognitive Psychology received from Heidelberg University
- Cognitive psychology of contested science and technology (climate change, vaccination, nanotechnology); metacognition and motivated reasoning; science communication; misinformation and climate denial
- Fischer, H. & van den Broek, K. (2021). Climate change knowledge, metaknowledge, and beliefs. In A. Franzen & S. Mader (Eds.), Research Handbook on Environmental Sociology. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Fischer, H., Huff, M., & Said, N. (2022). Polarited climate beliefs: No evidence for science literacy driving motivated reasoning in a US national study. American Psychologist.
- Said*, N., Fischer,* H., & Anders, G. (2021). Contested science: Individuals with higher metacognitive insight into interpretation of evidence are less likely to polarize. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 1-13. * Equal contribution
- Fischer, H., & Said, N. (2021). Importance of domain-specific metacognition for explaining beliefs about politicized science: The case of climate change. Cognition, 208, 104545.
- Fischer, H., van den Broek, K. L., Ramisch, K., & Okan, Y. (2020). When IPCC graphs can foster or bias understanding: evidence among decision-makers from governmental and non- governmental institutions. Environmental Research Letters, 15(11), 114041.
- Fischer, H., Amelung, D., & Said, N. (2019). The accuracy of German citizens’ confidence in their climate change knowledge. Nature Climate Change, 9(10), 776-780.
- Watts, N., Amann, M., Arnell, N., Ayeb-Karlsson, S., ... Fischer, H., ...& Costello, A. (2018). The 2018 report of the Lancet Countdown on health and climate change: shaping the health of nations for centuries to come. The Lancet, 392(10163), 2479-2514. (Author on Chapter 5.1: Media Coverage of Health and Climate Change.)